HCOBO provides guidance on how to become certified so your business can be in the mix for County, local, state, federal, and private-sector opportunities. New Jersey Minority, Women, Small Business, Veteran and Disabled Veteran business certifications are valid for 3 years. Once you attain certification, you must submit an annual verification statement each year.
To apply for NJ MBE, WBE, SBE, VOB or DVOB certification, you must go to https://www.njportal.com/DOR/SBERegistry/ and create a login account.
Here is some of the information – and documents – you will need for the certification application process:
- Registered business name
- Address of principal place of business
- Federal Tax Identification Number
- The firm’s date and method of acquisition
- Information on all principals
- Total gross sales receipts for the last 3 years
- Applicable industry codes
- Articles of incorporation, corporation by-laws, certificate of formation, partnership agreements and joint venture agreements
- The firm’s federal and state tax returns for the past three years
- Most current income statements and balance sheets
- Resumes of all principals, partners, officers, and/or key employees
- If applicable, copies of office lease/rental agreements, deeds, property tax or mortgage statement
- Proof of ethnicity or gender for majority owners
- Listing and copies of bank signature cards
- Listing of any previously attained certification
- Notarized verification statement
The HCOBO staff will be glad to answer your questions and advise you of the steps in attaining certification.